The Adhesives and Sealants Manufacturers Association of Canada is committed to environmental protection and to safeguarding the health and safety of member’s employees, customers and the general public.
The Association encourages its members to:
- Ensure that legal requirements and recognized environmental, health and safety standards are met.
- Adopt standards that exceed legal requirements, where benefits to society justify the costs.
- Require personnel to adhere to such standards and procedures at all times.
- Ensure that safety and environmental hazards, associated with member activities, are identified, assessed and managed.
- Support programs which minimize the impact of member’s products on the environment.
- Communicate with employees, customers, the public and governments, in a timely fashion, on health, safety and environmental aspects of their products and operations.
- Work with industry associations, government agencies and public groups to determine priorities and to participate in the development of practicable and scientifically sound legislation.